Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Recipe! Braised Pork Spare Ribs

Although I'm not a big pork fan, this dish makes me forget about my thoughts of piggies and slaughter houses.  Sorry vegetarians.  

This dish is super simple to whip up.  Here is my version of Braised Pork Spare Ribs (also called suong ram).  This was a perfect amount for me and my hubby to share.


I use approx. 1.5 lbs of spareribs. Cut between each bone to get cubes.  Wash and dry them.

Put a 1/2 tsp. of oil in the wok and brown each side for about 2 minutes or so.

Here's the sauce.  1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup rice wine, couple dashes of pepper flakes, 2 cloves of minced garlic, a slice of ginger minced finely and 2 tbsp honey (my mom uses brown sugar but any will work).  I just put everything together for efficiency.

Pour the sauce into the wok, stir a little bit and close the lid.

10 minutes later ....stir a little more and let it simmer.  Now go cook some rice.

After about 30 minutes - y.u.m.m.y. Just smell it!

Whala! You have brased pork spareribs.

Put this bad boy over rice and you probably won't share it with your hubby because you've eaten it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment